4.09.2007

Scattered Thoughts


I hope everyone is in the best of health and in the state of ever increasing iman. The baseball season has started and the Yankees played a nice game today. But the main thing was that A-Rod is out of his shell. Yesterday or Saturday he hit a walk off grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. He finaly came through in the clucth. Mashallah. He hit a homer today as well, so i hope he continues this the whole year and into the playoffs.
Anyway I have been just empty in these past couple of weeks. So i turned to Salah again, and Subhanallah it filled me up to a certain degree. I went to the Masjid the other day for Zuhur and even though no nobody was their it was still very sprirtualy uplifting. I have to do that way more often. But the pressures of life and parents get to you, and the false success that we try our hardest to acheive are ever present. We spend our lives in the pursuit of material happiness and we forgot the day when we will meet allah, and we leave the life of this world in a state of confusion. May Allah protect us. Inshallah College is coming to a close next month and we all will be busy with exams and its kind, but after that its waking up in the late afternoons and sleeping after fajar for an entire 3 months. May Allah protect us. With the summer rapidly aproaching, I think we should set some goals. So let me start with myself.
First and foremost is to make a significant change in my Islamic knowledge and in my person. Next is to workout as much as I can and participate in my sports, like everyday. Third I want to save some money inshallah, for Umrah. Since coming back from Hajj I have had an urge just to go back as soon as possible. Mabye it will be possible, remember your brother in your duas, I really need them. I will probably come up with more but for now these will suffice. The heart needs to beat....and so we stay alive. salaam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A-rod who gives a lick'n boot about that immigrant.